Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ROLE PLAYING CHANGES

The last few episodes have played out beautifully! I can see that each of you love the series and are enjoying portraying it as it was played out in Avonlea! But throughout these last few episodes, I have noticed that, and this includes me, that it feels like we are just saying lines to just be doing the episodes. Now I'm not at all saying that everyone is doing this!!! It is just a personal assessment. In my role playing, I want to feel transported. I want to BE the characters, for lack of better words. Now the is script is still 100% necessary! But I feel that if I prompt you all to begin playing before we begin that days' scenes, then it doesn't feel like the events of the episode are playing out in real life as if we were actually living it all out in Avonlea. Therefore, I will no longer prompt you all to begin the scenes. I will tweet a link to the script ONLY ONCE when I announce we have begun a new episode. But I am leaving it up to you all to "spring into action" and begin the scenes as they happen and in the time frame that each episode suggests. Now, this will all be dependent on our own personal schedules of course. But at any rate, I want to live out these stories to their fullest capacity. 

One example: When Janet goes into labor, I will not tweet her to tell her, "Okay it's your turn to do that scene." Instead, as it flows with her schedule, she will begin those scenes and pleasantly catch everyone off guard and I, Felicity, will happen upon the blessed event, faint, and etc. Now, if it's a scheduled event like a party or wedding or such, I will tweet a schedule announcement to let everyone know. 

Now each week brings it's own surprises in life and adjustments can surely be made. But all in all, my goal is to do all within our power to fully feel like we are living out the adventures of ROAD TO AVONLEA and not just saying words within our tweets. 


(If you have any questions, tweet them or DM them to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment